History Of Tansor
Tansor is mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086 and there are signs of pre-Roman and Roman settlements nearby.
Some parts of the parish church of St Marys date back to Saxon times.
In 1985 the then Clerk to the Parish Meeting, Maurice Newnes (deceased) published an authoritative history of Tansor which is reproduced with the kind permission of his wife Mary Newnes (now Shirville).
A Short History of Tansor